Pools need regular maintenance and checkups to keep them clean and functioning properly. Failure to maintain your pool can lead to the growth of bacteria, algae, and other harmful things that can make it very dangerous for you and your family.
Maintaining a pool is not all that difficult, however, depending on what kind of swimming pool you have. The following article will detail some easy things that should be done each month in order to ensure proper safety and sanitation.
Our Pool Maintenance Process:
- Start by checking the water level. The water level should be at least two inches below the top of the pool wall to ensure proper circulation and filtration. If the water is too low, add some freshwater to bring it up to the correct level.
- Next, check the pH balance of the pool water. The pH should be between 7.2 and 7.6 for best results. If necessary, adjust the pH levels using baking soda or muriatic acid (pool supply stores carry these products).
- Check all of the filters and strainers for clogs or obstructions. Clean any filters that are dirty or clogged.
- Skim off any leaves or debris that have settled on the surface of the water.
- Check the chlorine levels and adjust if necessary. Chlorine levels should be between 1.0 and 3.0 ppm for best results.
- Vacuum the pool floor and sides to remove any dirt or debris.
- Apply algaecide to the water, if needed. Algae can be a real nuisance and can be difficult to get rid of, so it is best to prevent it from growing in the first place.
- Finally, check all of the equipment for proper function and make any necessary repairs or adjustments.
That’s it! By following these simple steps each month, we can keep your swimming pool in top condition and safe for your whole family. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re always here to help!
We are a full-service swimming pool company that provides monthly maintenance services to residents in the area. We offer a wide range of services to meet your every need, from routine maintenance to major repairs. We’re proud to be the trusted choice of so many families in our community, and we’re always here to help. For more information, please visit our website. Thank you for choosing us!